I am an ardent “healthy” living, clean eating activist. I prefer to feed my family organic, preservative free, additive free, whole and unrefined food. Natural products, attire and items in general tick the boxes. I believe it is good to be disciplined but not to beat oneself up when one doesn’t eat exactly how one should- life is too short for that and toddlers are not easy to control.
The 70%/30% rule always applies- eat well 70% of the time and leave the 30% to live a little…
The wellness category of this blog will showcase amazing products and ways of wholesome living I have come to discover. I will also tell you about my healthy friends the ones that support this way of life.
Here are some snippets of some healthy “must-haves” in the home.
1. Barley Green www.theaimcompanies.com
My children drink it as if it were a sweet delicacy. There are hundreds of health benefits to consuming a whole food supplement but here are some of the benefits and features I can testify to.
– Because it is in juice form the body is easily able to absorb the nutrients. The majority of chemically produced vitamins cannot be absorbed by our bodies and are therefore eliminated into the toilet.
– The product offers unique and powerful plant antioxidants and helps to alkalinise the body therefore balancing hormones and increasing energy whilst building ones immune system.
– I feel way more energetic on BarleyLife. When I don’t take it, my body craves it!
It is definitely an acquired taste. I vomitted the first time I tried it but I pressed through and now I love it.
I grow my own Kombucha. It Aids Digestion and Gut Health. Because it’s naturally fermented with a living colony of bacteria and yeast, Kombucha is a probiotic beverage. This has a myriad of benefits such as improved digestion, fighting candida (harmful yeast) overgrowth, mental clarity, and mood stability.
3. “Perfect Health” the Natural Way by Mary-Ann Shearer http://www.naturalway.co.za
Mary-Ann Shearer has written a couple of books pertaining to ” Perfect Health, The Natural Way”. What has now become trend, she has been speaking about for almost 30 years. I truly believe that her research is sound and that her guidance is wise. My view on health and wellness was transformed after reading “Perfect Health The Natural Way”. “Healthy Kids” sheds incredible light on issues such as allergies, constant ear infections, tonsillitis and a host of other problems accepted as “normal” childhood ailments.
4. Natures Choice Apple Cider Vinegar http://www.faithful-to-nature.co.za
There are a myriad of benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar which I will touch on in the future. I have a teaspoon in a glass of water about three times a day. The enzymes found in the vinegar have been proven to have weight loss benefits, lower blood sugar levels, kill bacteria and infections, detoxify the body.
5. Lindt- any https://www.facebook.com/LindtChocolateSA
Here’s where being real comes in.
Let’s be honest, who could live without chocolate every now and again… especially Lindt.
Soon I will post some amazing raw chocolate recipe’s from my friend Cath.